Table of contents
About this book
Increasing competition in the global transformer market has put tremendous responsibilities on the industry to increase reliability while reducing cost. Spotlight on Modern Transformer Design introduces a novel approach to transformer design using artificial intelligence (AI) techniques in combination with finite element method (FEM). Today, AI is widely used for modeling nonlinear and large-scale systems, especially when explicit mathematical models are difficult to obtain or completely lacking. Moreover, AI is computationally efficient in solving hard optimization problems. On the other hand, FEM is particularly capable of dealing with complex geometries, and also yields stable and accurate solutions.
Many numerical examples throughout the book illustrate the application of the techniques discussed to a variety of real-life transformer design problems, including:
• problems relating to the prediction of no-load losses;
• winding material selection;
• transformer design optimisation;
• and transformer selection.
Spotlight on Modern Transformer Design is a valuable learning tool for advanced undergraduate and graduate students, as well as researchers and power engineering professionals working in electric utilities and industries, public authorities, and design offices.
Pavlos S. Georgilakis is currently Assistant Professor at the Production Engineering and Management Department of the Technical University of Crete (TUC), Greece. He has worked in the transformer industry for ten years before joining the TUC. He is the author of two books, more than 50 journal papers and 70 conference papers.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-84882-667-0
- Copyright Information Springer London 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-84882-666-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-84882-667-0
- Series Print ISSN 1612-1287
- Buy this book on publisher's site