About this book
Biofuels for Road Transport: A Seed to Wheel Perspective provides a review of the history, the current status and the impact of biofuels used in road transport, across the full ‘seed-to-wheel’ life cycle of these fuels. Successive chapters cover many issues relevant to the current debate on biofuels, such as cost, competition with food production, contribution to energy security, use of natural resources, and environmental impact. The final chapter addresses common concerns about biofuels, including questions on sustainability and government policy.
Biofuels for Road Transport: A Seed to Wheel Perspective is a valuable reference for professional engineers, researchers and postgraduate students involved in biofuels, renewable energy (including bioenergy) and the automotive industry.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-84882-138-5
- Copyright Information Springer London 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-84882-137-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-84882-138-5
- Series Print ISSN 1865-3529
- Buy this book on publisher's site