Table of contents
About this book
Systems governed by nonlinear partial differential equations (PDEs) arise in many spheres of study. The stabilization and control of such systems, which are the focus of this book, are based around game theory. The robust control methods proposed here have the twin aims of compensating for system disturbances in such a way that a cost function achieves its minimum for the worst disturbances and providing the best control for stabilizing fluctuations with a limited control effort.
Stabilization, Optimal and Robust Control develops robust control of infinite-dimensional dynamical systems derived from time-dependent coupled PDEs associated with boundary-value problems. Rigorous analysis takes into account nonlinear system dynamics, evolutionary and coupled PDE behaviour and the selection of function spaces in terms of solvability and model quality.
Mathematical foundations essential for the required analysis are provided so that the book remains accessible to the non-control-specialist. Following chapters giving a general view of convex analysis and optimization and robust and optimal control, problems arising in fluid-mechanical, biological and materials-scientific systems are laid out in detail; specifically:
• mathematical treatment of nonlinear evolution systems (with and without time-varying delays);
• vortex dynamics in superconducting films and solidification of binary alloys;
• large-scale primitive equations in oceanic dynamics;
• heat transfer in biological tissues;
• population dynamics and resource management;
• micropolar fluid and blood motion.
The combination of mathematical fundamentals with applications of current interest will make this book of much interest to researchers and graduate students looking at complex problems in mathematics, physics and biology as well as to control theorists.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-84800-344-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-1-84800-343-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-84800-344-6
- Series Print ISSN 0178-5354
- Buy this book on publisher's site