About this book
Massive datasets, made available today by modern technologies, present a significant challenge to scientists who need to effectively and efficiently extract relevant knowledge and information.
Due to their ability to model uncertainty, interval and soft computing techniques have been found to be effective in this extraction. This book provides coverage of the basic theoretical foundations for applying these techniques to artificial intelligence and knowledge processing.
The first three chapters provide the background needed for those who are unfamiliar with interval and soft computing techniques. The following chapters describe innovative algorithms and their applications to knowledge processing.
In particular, these chapters cover computing techniques for interval linear systems of equations, interval matrix singular-value decomposition, interval function approximation, and decision making with statistical and graph-based data processing. To enable these applications, the book presents a standards-based object-oriented interval computing environment in C++.
By providing the necessary background and summarizing recent results and successful applications, this self-contained book will serve as a useful resource for researchers and practitioners wanting to learn interval and soft computing techniques and apply them to artificial intelligence and knowledge processing.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Knowledge Processing with Interval and Soft Computing
R. Baker Kearfott
Andre de Korvin
- Series Title Advanced Information and Knowledge Processing
- Series Abbreviated Title Adv.Informat.Knowledge Processing (formerly:KIM-Knowled.Inform.Manag)
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-84800-326-2
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-84800-325-5
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-84996-784-6
- eBook ISBN 978-1-84800-326-2
- Series ISSN 1610-3947
- Series E-ISSN 2197-8441
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 233
- Number of Illustrations 61 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
Information Systems Applications (incl. Internet)
Applications of Mathematics
Discrete Mathematics in Computer Science
- Buy this book on publisher's site