About this book
The biological interactions of living organisms, and protein-protein interactions in particular, are astonishingly diverse and present numerous challenges to modern biomolecular research because of their complexity. Analysis of patterns and principles governing these interactions has prompted a rapid development of computational methods to identify protein interaction partners and to understand the roles of individual components of protein interaction networks in cell functions.
This book integrates different approaches from bioinformatics, biochemistry, computational analysis and systems biology to offer the reader a comprehensive global view of the diverse data on protein-protein interactions and protein interaction networks. It brings together the descriptions of experimental techniques and expounds on different computational algorithms for protein network analysis and prediction of protein and domain interactions, with each chapter containing a description of the problem, a review of methods and algorithms, a list of resources and current conclusions.
• Reviews experimental techniques for identification of protein interactions
• Discusses protein interaction databases and methods of integrating data from diverse sources
• Describes computational methods to predict protein and domain interaction partners
• Explores the properties of interaction interfaces and highlights approaches to model the assembly of protein complexes
• Examines the topological and dynamical properties of protein interaction networks and presents the tools for comparative analysis of these networks
Written by leading experts, Protein-protein Interactions and Networks provides a broad, thorough and multidisciplinary coverage of this field. It will be invaluable to researchers from academia and the bioinformatics industry, as well as an excellent auxiliary text for graduate students studying the topic.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-84800-125-1
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-1-84800-124-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-84800-125-1
- Series Print ISSN 1568-2684
- Buy this book on publisher's site