Table of contents
About this book
Cognition, Communication and Interaction examines the theoretical and methodological research issues that underlie the design and use of interactive technology. Present interactive designs are addressing the multi-modality of human interaction and the multi-sensory dimension of how we engage with each other. This book aims to provide a trans-disciplinary research framework and methodology for interaction design. The analysis directs attention to three human capacities that our engagement with interactive technology has made salient and open to constant redefinition. These capacities are human cognition, communication and interaction.
In this book examination of these capacities is embedded in understanding the following foundations for design: concepts of “communication and interaction” and their application (Part 1); conceptions of “knowledge and cognition” (Part 2); the role of aesthetics and ethics in design (Part 3).
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-84628-927-9
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London Limited 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-1-84628-926-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-84628-927-9
- Series Print ISSN 1571-5035
- Buy this book on publisher's site