About this book
A comprehensive and evidence-based introduction to the sometimes neglected area of lymphology, this book is directed at the interdisciplinary field of health professionals who come into contact with lymphedema, to raise awareness about its diagnosis and treatment.
The book describes the unique anatomy and physiology of the lymphatic system, and the intimate relationship it shares with the venous system. It explores the differential diagnosis of swollen limbs, outlining the common problems which face the health care professional. The necessity of history taking, physical examination and laboratory studies are noted, and treatment methods are described in depth as a combination of medical summary, psychosocial guidance and quality of life concerns.
Featuring many color illustrations and contributions from leading experts in the field, this book is a concise overview to the complex medical problem, outlining improved evaluation techniques and new definitive treatment options. Lymphedema will appeal to hospital doctors, trainees and nursing staff, as well as surgeons and physical therapists.
- Book Title Lymphedema
- Book Subtitle Diagnosis and Treatment
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-84628-793-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-84628-548-6
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4471-6817-1
- eBook ISBN 978-1-84628-793-0
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages IX, 73
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Imaging / Radiology
Primary Care Medicine
- Buy this book on publisher's site