Table of contents
About this book
With the advent of the Digital Library initiative, web document processing and biometric aspects of digital document processing, together with new techniques of printed and handwritten Optical Character Recognition (OCR), a good overview of this fast-developing field is invaluable. In this book, all the major and frontier topics in the field of document analysis are brought together into a single volume creating a unique reference source.
• Document structure analysis followed by OCR of Japanese, Tibetan and Indian printed scripts.
• Online and offline handwritten text recognition approaches;
• Japanese postal and Arabic check processing;
• Document image quality modelling, mathematical expression recognition, graphics recognition, document information retrieval, super resolution text, metadata extraction in digital library;
• Biometric and forensic aspects: individuality of handwriting detection;
• Web document analysis, text and hypertext mining and bank check data mining.
Containing chapters written by some of the most eminent researchers active in this field, this book can serve as a handbook for the research scholar as well as a supporting book for advanced graduate students interested in document processing or image analysis.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-84628-726-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-1-84628-501-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-84628-726-8
- Series Print ISSN 1617-7916
- About this book