About this book
A self-contained introduction to algebraic control for nonlinear systems suitable for researchers and graduate students.
The most popular treatment of control for nonlinear systems is from the viewpoint of differential geometry yet this approach proves not to be the most natural when considering problems like dynamic feedback and realization. Professors Conte, Moog and Perdon develop an alternative linear-algebraic strategy based on the use of vector spaces over suitable fields of nonlinear functions. This algebraic perspective is complementary to, and parallel in concept with, its more celebrated differential-geometric counterpart.
Algebraic Methods for Nonlinear Control Systems describes a wide range of results, some of which can be derived using differential geometry but many of which cannot. They include:
• classical and generalized realization in the nonlinear context;
• accessibility and observability recast within the linear-algebraic setting;
• discussion and solution of basic feedback problems like input-to-output linearization, input-to-state linearization, non-interacting control and disturbance decoupling;
• results for dynamic and static state and output feedback.
Dynamic feedback and realization are shown to be dealt with and solved much more easily within the algebraic framework.
Originally published as Nonlinear Control Systems, 1-85233-151-8, this second edition has been completely revised with new text – chapters on modeling and systems structure are expanded and that on output feedback added de novo – examples and exercises. The book is divided into two parts: the first being devoted to the necessary methodology and the second to an exposition of applications to control problems.
- Book Title Algebraic Methods for Nonlinear Control Systems
- Series Title Communications and Control Engineering
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-84628-595-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London Limited 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-84628-594-3
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-84996-625-2
- eBook ISBN 978-1-84628-595-0
- Series ISSN 0178-5354
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages XVI, 178
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Additional Information Originally published as volume 242 in the series: Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences
Control and Systems Theory
Mathematical Modeling and Industrial Mathematics
Systems Theory, Control
Vibration, Dynamical Systems, Control
Linear and Multilinear Algebras, Matrix Theory
- Buy this book on publisher's site