About this book
Abeta Peptide and Alzheimer’s Disease summarizes current knowledge of beta-amyloid peptide (Aß) and its role as the major culprit in Alzheimer’s Disease (AD), shown by recent advances in genetics and brain biochemistry.
Written by leaders in the industrial and academic world specializing in this rapidly moving area, the book covers fundamental biochemical studies on the Aß peptide, the genetic impact on Aß expression and processing, and various AD therapeutic strategies that target Aß. Although specifically focusing on Aß and AD, there is also some discussion on the similarity and differences of this peptide and AD with other amyloidogenic diseases, such as prion disease, Parkinson’s and Huntington’s.
This book will primarily be of interest to AD researchers and clinicians but also to researchers of other amyloid diseases.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-84628-440-3
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London Limited 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-1-85233-961-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-84628-440-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site