About this book
Metalloproteins are involved in many key biological processes such as gas transport and metabolism, photosynthesis, cell respiration, the Krebs cycle and many other vital redox reactions. Metalloproteins: Methods and Protocols addresses multiple aspects of metalloenzyme research from the production and purification of metalloproteins using both standard recombinant techniques and a cell-free system, to the electrochemical analysis of metalloproteins, as well as IR techniques, Mössbauer spectroscopy and the theoretical interpretation of metalloenzyme catalytic and redox processes, to name a few topics. Written in the successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and easily accessible, Metalloproteins: Methods and Protocols seeks to serve both professionals and novices interested in the metalloprotein field.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-62703-794-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-62703-793-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-62703-794-5
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site