About this book
In Peptide Modifications to Increase Metabolic Stability and Activity, expert researchers in the field provide summarized methods for preparation, purification of modified peptides, and assessment of their biochemical activities. These methods and protocols include preparation of conformationally constrained peptides, modification of peptide bonds, introduction of nonproteinogenic amino acids, and alteration of peptides’ physical and biological properties by modification of the amino acid side chains and/or terminal residues. With additional chapter that describes new experimental approach for the detection of exogenous peptides within living cells using peptides labeled with heavy isotopes and confocal Raman microscopy. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Peptide Modifications to Increase Metabolic Stability and Activity seeks to provide scientists with alternative approaches to peptide modification that many researchers may find applicable to their specific research requirements.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-62703-652-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-62703-651-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-62703-652-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site