About this book
Advances in methodologies and experimental models are pivotal to furthering our understanding of central nervous system (CNS) functions in mammals. Isolated Central Nervous System Circuits examines the application a variety of technologies to mostly active in vitro preparations from basically different CNS regions with a diversity of functions. From patch-clamp, multiphoton imaging, live fluorescent protein expression, or immunohistochemistry techniques to acute or 'organotypic' slices and en bloc preparations, this detailed volume features key protocols and examples for exciting results from the labs of renowned experts. Written for the popular Neuromethods series, chapters include the kind of thorough implementation advice that is vital for achieving successful results.
Comprehensive and cutting-edge, Isolated Central Nervous System Circuits will greatly aid scientists to further improve models and to develop corresponding models of not yet intensively studied structures such as nucleus ruber, superior colliculus, or basal ganglia.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-62703-020-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2012
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-62703-019-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-62703-020-5
- Series Print ISSN 0893-2336
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6045
- Buy this book on publisher's site