Table of contents
About this book
During the 20th century Xenopus has flourished as an accessible experimental model system for studying vertebrate biology. The second edition of Xenopus Protocols:Post-Genomic Approaches expands upon the previous edition with novel approaches inspired by Xenopus tropicalis and the sequencing of its genome. Xenopus tropicalis genomics and tractable genetics combined with the unique experimental advantages of Xenopus laevis and their distinctive phylogenetic position make them unique model systems for vertebrate embryonic development in the 21st century. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Xenopus Protocols: Post-Genomic Approaches, Second Edition provides a toolkit that will enable every laboratory to maximize the power of this extraordinary experimental system in the post-genomic age.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-61779-992-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-61779-991-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-61779-992-1
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site