Table of contents
About this book
The de novo fabrication of custom DNA molecules is a transformative technology that significantly affects the biotechnology industry. Basic genetic engineering techniques for manipulating DNA in vitro opened an incredible field of opportunity in the life sciences. In, Gene Synthesis: Methods and Protocols expert researchers in the field detail many of the methods which are now commonly used to fabricate DNA . These include methods and techniques for the assembly of oligonucleotide, cloning of synthons into larger fragments, protocols and software applications, and educational and biosecurity impacts of gene synthesis. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, the chapters include the kind of detailed description and implementation advice that is crucial for getting optimal results in the laboratory.
Thorough and intuitive, Gene Synthese: Methods and Protocols aids scientists in understanding all the different stages of a complex gene synthesis process, while refining their understanding of gene synthesis and determine what part of the process they can or should do in their laboratory and what parts should be contracted to a specialized service provider.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-61779-564-0
- Copyright Information Springer Sceince+Business Media, LLC 2012
- Publisher Name Humana Press
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-61779-563-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-61779-564-0
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site