About this book
Epithelial mucins are large complex cell surface and secreted glycoproteins produced by mucosal epithelial cells. In, Mucins: Methods and Protocols expert researchers in the field detail many of the methods which are now commonly used to study Mucins. These include methods and techniques for the best approaches to analysing each specific area of mucin biochemistry, physiology and biophysics before providing individual detailed experimental protocols together with troubleshooting and interpretation tips. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Mucins: Methods and Protocols is designed to be a useful resource for those entering the mucin field and to facilitate those already studying mucins to broaden their experimental approaches to understanding mucosal biology.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-61779-513-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
- Publisher Name Humana Press
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-61779-512-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-61779-513-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site