About this book
The field of oligonucleotide therapeutics research is ripe with the prospect of new discoveries. In Therapeutic Oligonucleotides: Methods and Protocols, a selection of established and emerging methods for the application of oligonucleotides as therapeutics are presented, all providing the tools needed to inspire great changes in the field. Divided into twenty-one chapters, this detailed volume meticulously describes vital protocols for optimizing and improving cell uptake, such as photochemical internalization, modified cell penetrating peptides, antibody conjugates, and nanoparticles. Other chapters address quantitation of RNA therapeutics in cells, assaying gene knockdown, selecting the best target site and synthesis of various modified oligonucleotides. Written in the successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and easily accessible, Therapeutic Oligonucleotides: Methods and Protocols serves as a timely resource for both professionals and novices pursuing research in this exciting and pioneering field.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-61779-188-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2011
- Publisher Name Humana Press
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-61779-187-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-61779-188-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site