Table of contents
About this book
It is increasingly clear that signal transduction is a highly organized and integrated process. Divided into two convenient sections, Signal Transduction Protocols, Third Edition focuses on experimental approaches to better understand the complexity of signal transduction. Introductory chapters provide perspective on several of the challenges involved in signal transduction research and offer guidance on selecting the best approaches to various types of questions. The individual chapters provide detailed experimental protocols covering various topics, from the effects of ligand binding on receptor conformation and effector coupling, to moving inside the cell in order to capture the spatial and temporal characteristics of signaling events. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, chapters contain introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and accessible, Signal Transduction Protocols serves as an ideal guide to scientists of all backgrounds and is a valuable resource for future progress in the field of signal transduction research.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-61779-160-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2011
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-61779-159-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-61779-160-4
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site