About this book
The use of RNAi technology is essential for most plant science researchers. As DNA sequence information increases, so the need for functional annotation of target genes also increases. Authoritative and accessible, RNAi and Plant Gene Function Analysis: Methods and Protocols seeks to serve as an ideal guide to scientists of all backgrounds looking to further their knowledge of this fundamental science. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, chapters contain introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
In addition to the functional annotation of unknown genes, RNAi technology has been applied to the genetic engineering of important plant metabolites including starches, oils, and storage proteins. RNAi has been used to engineer plants resistant to plant viruses and also to nematodes and insects. RNAi and Plant Gene Function Analysis: Methods and Protocols will provide both professionals and novices of plant biotechnology and breeding research with essential tips for designing experiments meant to explore plant gene function.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-61779-123-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2011
- Publisher Name Humana Press
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-61779-122-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-61779-123-9
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site