About this book
Neuroprotection has been placed on a firm scientific basis during the past decade due to an improved understanding of the molecular basis of neurological diseases and the knowledge that treatment of neurological disorders should not be merely symptomatic but preventative against the progression of the underlying disease, as well as regenerative. The Handbook of Neuroprotection serves as a comprehensive review of neuroprotection based on knowledge of the molecular basis of neurological disorders. Neuroprotective effects of older, established drugs, as well as new drugs in development, are well documented in this detailed volume, featuring the most cutting-edge and innovative methods currently in use.
In-depth and authoritative, The Handbook of Neuroprotection features a compendium of vital knowledge aimed at providing researchers with an essential reference for this key neurological area of study.
- Book Title The Handbook of Neuroprotection
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-61779-049-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2011
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-61779-048-5
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-62703-824-9
- eBook ISBN 978-1-61779-049-2
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXXI, 547
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site