Table of contents
About this book
Once a tedious, highly skilled operation, reverse-transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) has become a routine and invaluable technique used in most laboratories. In RT-PCR Protocols, Second Edition, expert researchers fully update the technologies presented in the popular previous edition, such as competitive RT-PCR, nested RT-PCR, RT-PCR from single cells, and RT-PCR for cloning. In addition, newer technologies are also explored, including multiplex RT-PCR, RT-LATE-PCR, and the greatly advanced field of real-time quantitative RT-PCR, while recent advances in creating the optimum RT-PCR reaction, e.g. RNA extraction, primer design, and reverse transcription, end the book with their indispensable input. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, chapters include brief introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and notes sections, highlighting tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
User friendly and up-to-date, RT-PCR Protocols, Second Edition acts as a handy companion to scientists from numerous diverse backgrounds who wish to explore further the marvels of gene expression.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-60761-629-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2010
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-60761-628-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-60761-629-0
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site