About this book
With the advent of modern methodology, the phenomenal complexity of the protein components and regulatory steps involved in mitosis has become approachable. In Mitosis: Methods and Protocols, experts in the field provide an up-to-date collection of methods and approaches that are used to investigate the mechanism of mitosis at the molecular level. Ideal for both experienced and novice scientists, the volume includes step-by-step methods covering inactivation of genes of interest, depletion of proteins of interest, biochemical and microscope-based techniques, and procedures to monitor and measure key mitotic processes. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, chapters include brief introductions to the respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Comprehensive and authoritative, Mitosis: Methods and Protocols combines imaging, biochemical, and genetic methodologies in order to best guide researchers in their attempts to better understand the crucial processes of mitotic regulation.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-60327-993-2
- Copyright Information Humana Press 2009
- Publisher Name Humana Press
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-60327-992-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-60327-993-2
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site