Table of contents
About this book
For over forty years, mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) have been scrutinized and studied, garnering much attention due to their broad therapeutic efficacy. In Mesenchymal Stem Cells: Methods and Protocols, leaders in the field were assembled to contribute detailed methodologies for the isolation and characterization of human and rodent MSCs. Recently, these vital cells have shown therapeutic benefits in the treatment of myocardial infarction, stroke, lung diseases, spinal cord injury and other neurological disorders, thus promising a boundless future in their study. Written to the specifications of the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, each chapter contains step-by-step laboratory protocols, a list of the necessary materials, and a Notes section with tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting edge and easy to use, Mesenchymal Stem Cells: Methods and Protocols is the perfect resource for scientists attempting to pursue this important and ever-developing field of research.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-60327-169-1
- Copyright Information Humana Press 2008
- Publisher Name Humana Press
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-58829-771-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-60327-169-1
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site