About this book
The Handbook of Environmental Engineering series is an incredible collection of methodologies that study the effects of pollution and waste in their three basic forms: gas, solid, and liquid. This exciting new addition to the series, Volume 12: Flotation Technology, has been designed to serve as both a basic flotation textbook and a comprehensive reference book. An indispensable guide for advanced undergraduate and graduate students, designers of water and wastewater treatment systems, scientists, and researchers, this volume is essential for all readers who are interested in the specialized investigation of the theory and practice of various wastewater systems. A critical volume in the Handbook of Environmental Engineering series, chapters employ methods of practical design and calculation illustrated by numerical examples, include pertinent cost data whenever possible, and explore in great detail the fundamental principles of the field. Volume 12: Flotation Technology, provides information on some of the most innovative and ground-breaking advances in the field today from a panel of esteemed experts.
- Coverage of the principles of air flotation technology and the fundamentals of water and wastewater flotation and lake restoration.
- Emphasis on industry standards, trends in the field, full-scale operation and laboratory simulation of air flotation processes.
- Examples of actual operating water and wastewater treatment plants based on air flotation
- Reference of practical use to scientists, researchers, educators and designers of water and wastewater treatment systems.
Principles of Air Flotation Technology. Gas Dissolution, Release, and Bubble Formation. Separation of Oil From Wastewater. Fundamentals of Wastewater Flotation. Electroflotation. Electrocoagulation-flotation. Treatment of Paper Mill Whitewater. Recycling and Recovery of Raw Materials. Ozone-oxygen Oxidation Flotation, Wastewater Renovation by Flotation. Flotation-Filtration System for Wastewater Reuse. Algae Removal by Flotation. Completely Closed Water Systems in Paper Mills. Lake Restoration Using DAF. Jiminy Peak, Hancock, Massachusetts Wastewater Treatment Plant. Pittsfield, Massachusetts Water Treatment System. Pretreatment of Meat Processing Waste. Treatment of Seafood Processing Wastewater. Laboratory Simulation of Air Flotation Processes. Appendix. Index.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-60327-133-2
- Copyright Information Humana Press 2010
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-1-58829-494-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-60327-133-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site