About this book
Biostatistics can be a language nearly indecipherable to those not trained to speak it. In Topics in Biostatistics, a broad survey of biostatiscal methods, techniques are illustrated by clear, step-by-step instructions able to be performed with paper, a pencil, and a calculator. With subjects as diverse as descriptive statistics, study design, statistical inference, and linear and logistic regression, this volume invites the reader to better understand the language of statistics to aid in collaborations with biostatisticians or the deciphering of software manuals. Following the format of the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ format, each protocol offers readily reproducible results, and, specifically in this case, provides the reader with a concise introduction to complicated statistical methods.
Comprehensive and enlightening, Topics in Biostatistics is the perfect statistical resource for scientists in all disciplines attempting to comprehend this challenging mathematical field.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-59745-530-5
- Copyright Information Humana Press 2007
- Publisher Name Humana Press
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-58829-531-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-59745-530-5
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site