About this book
Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) Protocols provides a comprehensive collection of the most up-to-date techniques for the detection and investigation of MRSA. Each chapter begins with a brief introduction to the method and purpose and then goes into detailed protocols for every step of analysis. Several chapters also include a section with tips on individual steps not usually found in methods books. These tips may represent the difference between immediate success and lengthy troubleshooting.
Among the topics discussed in this volume are Staphylococcus aureus infections, MIC analysis, ITS-PCR identification, SCCmec analysis, and Biofilm formation. The book also contains helpful case studies, and authors provide insights into the control, prevention, and treatment of infections.
Oriented towards routine clinical diagnosis, research, and actual practice for treatment of patients infected by MRSA, Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) Protocols will provide a useful basis for anyone interested in instituting a new method for studying MRSA.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-59745-468-1
- Copyright Information Humana Press 2007
- Publisher Name Humana Press
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-58829-655-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-59745-468-1
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site