About this book
This book covers the concepts of molecular medicine and personalized medicine. Subsequent chapters cover the topics of genomics, transcriptomics, epigenomics, and proteomics, as the tools of molecular pathology and foundations of molecular medicine. These chapters are followed by a series of chapters that provide overviews of molecular medicine as applied broadly to neoplastic, genetic, and infectious diseases, as well as a chapter on molecular diagnostics. The volume concludes with a chapter that delves into the promise of molecular medicine in the personalized treatment of patients with complex diseases, along with a discussion of the challenges and obstacles to personalized patient care.
The Molecular Basis of Human Cancer, Second Edition, is a valuable resource for oncologists, researchers, and all medical professionals who work with cancer.
Sporadic Cancer Cancer Genomics Hormonal Carcinogenesis Hereditary Cancer Cancer Drug Discovery
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-59745-458-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-934115-18-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-59745-458-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site