About this book
Diabetes is now reaching epidemic proportions, and the associated complications of this disease can be disabling and even life-threatening. In Type 2 Diabetes: Methods and Protocols, leading investigators provide up-to-date explanations of commonly used laboratory protocols used in diabetes research. Covering the commonly described in vivo and in vitro model systems, the volume ultimately leads to an overall view of how cellular dysfunction and degeneration leads to susceptibility and diabetes disease progression. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, chapters include brief introductions to their respective subjects, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and expert notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Comprehensive and cutting-edge, Type 2 Diabetes: Methods and Protocols offers succinct, proven techniques to aid research scientists and clinicians in continuing the study of this debilitating disease.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-59745-448-3
- Copyright Information Humana Press 2009
- Publisher Name Humana Press
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-934115-15-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-59745-448-3
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site