About this book
In light of the critical contributions of macrophages and dendritic cells to diverse inflammatory diseases and to immunity and host defense, state-of-the-art approaches to the investigation of their behavior are essential. In Macrophages and Dendritic Cells: Methods and Protocols, expert researchers contribute laboratory protocols involving these two vital cell types functioning at the junction of the innate and acquired immune systems. The volume delves first into isolation and cell culturing then continues with topics such as phagocytosis, genetic manipulation, macrophage activation, and lipid signaling. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, chapters include brief introductions to their respective subjects, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, Macrophages and Dendritic Cells: Methods and Protocols provides a timely and useful guide for both seasoned investigators and neophytes pursuing this imperative field of study.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-59745-396-7
- Copyright Information Humana Press 2009
- Publisher Name Humana Press
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-58829-972-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-59745-396-7
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site