About this book
While much information has been gained over the last two decades regarding the molecular nature of prion proteins, only recently have several research groups begun to cast light on turning the normal prion protein into its aberrant, infectious form. In Prion Protein Protocols, an international team of experts provide an up-to-date collection of current methods in this unique area of neuroscience. The chapters contained in this volume, both protocols and useful review chapters, feature topics such as the cell biology of prions, techniques and approaches to studying prion infection in cultured cells, how these systems can be used as a rapid bioassay, and prion protein misfolding. As a volume in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series, the chapters include readily reproducible, step-by-step laboratory protocols, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, and the Notes section, which provides tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Comprehensive and cutting-edge, Prion Protein Protocols is an ideal collection for researchers investigating the growing field of mammalian prion disease.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-59745-234-2
- Copyright Information Humana Press 2008
- Publisher Name Humana Press
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-58829-897-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-59745-234-2
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site