About this book
Great disparities exist between organisms with regard to the relative ease of chromosomal mutagenesis and manipulation. In Chromosomal Mutagenesis, a team of experts provide a variety of chromosomal manipulation techniques, including insertional gene disruptions, gene knockouts, stimulated homologous recombination techniques and other novel tools, for both prokaryotic and eukaryotic organisms, and attempt to expand the genetic toolbox beyond model organisms. Following the format of the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ format, each chapter offers step-by-step laboratory instructions, lists of the necessary equipment and reagents, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Comprehensive and cutting-edge, Chomosomal Mutagenesis covers state-of-the-art techniques that are staged to expand, if not revolutionize, genetic analysis in the long neglected and relevant cell types.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-59745-232-8
- Copyright Information Humana Press 2008
- Publisher Name Humana Press
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-58829-899-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-59745-232-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book