About this book
Due to the rising threat of tuberculosis and other mycobacterial infections, methods to study the biology of the mycobacteria and to improve diagnostic, therapeutic and preventative reagents are still very much in need. Mycobacteria Protocols, Second Edition updates and refines the methods of the well-received first edition while adding newly developed methods culled from the most cutting-edge research in the field. Ranging from the basics of sub-cellular fractionation to advanced methods using specialized growth conditions and whole genome, transcriptome and proteome analysis, the chapters conform to the Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, providing step-by-step laboratory protocols, lists of necessary materials and reagents, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Comprehensive and up-to-date, Mycobacteria Protocols, Second Edition is the perfect resource to promote and stimulate further research into these intriguing, important and most fractious of bacteria.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-59745-207-6
- Copyright Information Humana Press 2009
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-58829-889-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-59745-207-6
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site