Table of contents
Quantitation of Proteins
Electrophoresis of Proteins and Peptides and Dectection in Gels
About this book
Since the publication of the bestselling second edition of John Walker's widely acclaimed Protein Protocols Handbook, there have been continual methodological developments in the field of protein chemistry. This greatly enhanced third edition introduces 57 critically important new chapters, as well as significantly updating the previous edition's tried-and-true methods. Although the timely new chapters are spread throughout all of the book, the vital section on post-translational modifications has been expanded most to reflect the increasing importance of these modifications in the understanding of protein function.
Each readily reproducible method follows the highly praised format of the Methods in Molecular Biology™ series, offering a concise summary of its basic theory, a complete materials list, a step-by-step protocol for its successful execution, and extensive notes on avoiding pitfalls, or on modifying the method to function within your own experimental circumstances. The expert authors of each chapter have demonstrated a hands-on mastery of the methods described, fine-tuned here for optimal productivity.
Comprehensive, cutting-edge, and highly practical, The Protein Protocols Handbook, Third Edition is today's indispensable benchtop manual and guide, not only for all those new to the protein chemistry laboratory, but also for those established workers seeking to broaden their armametarium of techniques in the urgent search for rapid and robust results.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title The Protein Protocols Handbook
John M. Walker
- Series Title Springer Protocols Handbooks
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-59745-198-7
- Copyright Information Humana Press 2009
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-58829-880-5
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-60327-474-6
- eBook ISBN 978-1-59745-198-7
- Series ISSN 1949-2448
- Series E-ISSN 1949-2456
- Edition Number 3
- Number of Pages LXX, 1984
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site