Table of contents
About this book
RNA interference (RNAi), in which RNA silences RNA, is the most recent discovery to revolutionize the study of biology. In RNAi: Design and Applications, leaders in the field contribute state-of-the-art, easy to follow methods and bench protocols designed for practical, everyday use of RNAi in biological research. Divided into two parts, this comprehensive volume covers fundamentals including designs of RNAi, biochemical assay protocols for the major components of RNAi, and study of potential off-target effects, followed by an extensive section covering various applications of RNAi in diverse model organisms and systems, from antiviral and anticancer applications to altering flower color in plants.
Cutting edge and clearly written, RNAi: Design and Applications enables a researcher with standard molecular biological training to perform major RNAi-related experiments and contribute to this revolutionary, growing field.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-59745-191-8
- Copyright Information Humana Press 2008
- Publisher Name Humana Press
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-58829-874-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-59745-191-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book