Table of contents
About this book
In recent years, the study of bone cells and tissues at the cellular and molecular levels in a variety of models has revolutionized the field. In Osteoporosis: Methods and Protocols, leading scientists from around the world share their step-by-step laboratory protocols for studying bone biology. The topics covered in this volume include in vitro models, in vivo models utilized for drug testing, tissue engineering and osteoporosis studies in either gender, state-of-the-art molecular techniques to assess single genes or for global genomic analysis, powerful imaging techniques, and many more. As a volume in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series, each chapter provides a brief introduction, a list of necessary materials, and a Notes section detailing tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Comprehensive and cutting-edge, Osteoporosis: Methods and Protocols is the perfect guide for both new and experienced experimentalists attempting to study the devastating silent disease known as osteoporosis.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-59745-104-8
- Copyright Information Humana Press 2008
- Publisher Name Humana Press
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-58829-828-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-59745-104-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site