About this book
This volume explores the latest techniques and improved methods used to study important neurobiological and associated neuropathological conditions. Chapters cover topics such as the application of semiconductor quantum dots as photostable fluorophores used for labeling and tracking; GCaMP6 transcranial imaging to monitor neural activity; the patch-clamping technique allowing simultaneous monitoring of membrane currents and optical signals; and quantifying behavioral dysfunction caused by traumatic brain injury (TBI). In Neuromethods series style, chapters include the kind of detail and key advice from the specialists needed to get successful results in your laboratory.
Cutting-edge and practical, Basic Neurobiology Techniques is a valuable resource for novel and expert researchers interested in expanding their knowledge of this developing field.
Xenopus Traumatic Brain Injury electrophysiology optogenetics rodents neuropathological conditions
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9944-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Humana, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9943-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9944-6
- Series Print ISSN 0893-2336
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6045
- Buy this book on publisher's site