Table of contents
About this book
This book focuses on technologies used to study horizontal gene transfer (HGT) in prokaryotes. Beginning with a section on the detection and isolation of mobile genetic elements (MGEs), the volume continues with sections concentrating on the analysis of conjugation, transformation, and transduction in HGT as well as a series of methods to analyze the adaptation and evolution of MGEs, with special attention paid to bioinformatics tools. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Horizontal Gene Transfer: Methods and Protocols serves as an ideal guide to the further study of this pervasive, all-important mechanism of genetic originality.
MGEs HGT Prokaryotes Microbial ecosystems Bacterial populations Mobile genetic elements
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9877-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Humana, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9876-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9877-7
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors