About this book
This volume covers a diverse collection of protocols currently being used by the Toxoplasma research community, and also looks at innovative methods that are pushing the boundaries of possibilities. Chapters in this book discuss topics such as isolation and genotyping of Toxoplasma gondii strains; assessing rhoptry secretion in T. gondii; plate-based quantification of stimulated Toxoplasma egress; methods to study ocular toxoplasmosis; and metabolic analysis of Toxoplasma gondii tachyzoites. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and thorough, Toxoplasma gondii: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource for students or groups starting off in the field, as well as laboratories interested in implementing the latest techniques described in the book.
bradyzoites mouse model Apical organelles Host cell Egress tissue culture
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9857-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Humana, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9856-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9857-9
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site