About this book
This third edition volume expands on the previous editions with an update on the latest techniques used for the detection, genotyping, and investigating pathogenesis of Staphylococcus aureus in vitro and in vivo. The methods covered in this book mostly focus on routine clinical diagnosis, surveillance, research, and practice for treatment of patients infected by multi-drug resistant S. aureus. The book also covers the epidemiology of MRSA, molecular typing approaches, clinical treatment of MRSA infections, and animal models of drug discovery. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Informative and cutting-edge, Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) Protocols: Cutting-Edge Technologies and Advancements, Third Edition is a valuable resource for researchers looking to set up new methods to study S. aureus, and will also be very useful for technicians and scientists working on other bacterial pathogens.
Surface Antigens antibiotic resistance Tn-Seq animal model MSSA
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9849-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Humana, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9848-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9849-4
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site