Table of contents
About this book
This volume explores techniques and protocols, across various biological disciplines, used to study snake and spider peptide toxins. The chapters in this book are organized into four parts and cover topics such as the use of toxins in drug development; analysis of bioactivity of complex mixtures like venom; extraction of venom glands and the production of toxins; characterization of toxins from the RNA level to the peptide structure; and the determination of the toxin’s biological function. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and thorough, Snake and Spider Toxins: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource for both novice and expert researchers who are interested in learning more about this evolving field.
Natural toxins Toxin purification and production Functional analysis Molecular mechanisms Toxin characterization
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9845-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Humana, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9844-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9845-6
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site