About this book
This volume explores several different aspects of nitrogen metabolism, ranging from nitrogen uptake to assimilation. The chapters in this book cover topics such as measurement of activities of enzymes involved in nitrogen metabolism (i.e., nitrate reductase); measurement of nitric oxide, nitrite and ways to detect the N content in plants and microbes; characterization of root nodule bacteria (RNB); and techniques to perform proteomics of Extracellular Matrix (ECM). Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Thorough and cutting-edge, Nitrogen Metabolism in Plants: Methods and Protocols is a valuable tool for novice and expert researchers who are interested in learning more about this evolving field.
nitrogen assimilation enzymes nitrogen symbiosis AccQ•Tag Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography Arabidopsis
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9790-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Humana, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9789-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9790-9
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site