About this book
This book encompasses broad aspects of Cryptosporidium research with established methods that have been improved and expanded over the years as well as recent cutting-edge techniques. Within this collection are numerous molecular methods as well as protocols for genotyping and diagnostics, while also including room for in vitro cell culture techniques to address the issues with growing this difficult organism continuously. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Cryptosporidium: Methods and Protocols serves as an idea guide to the inherent challenges of working with cryptosporidial parasites to provide a foundation for new investigators to build upon.
The chapter “Accessing Cryptosporidium Omic and Isolate Data via CryptoDB.org” is available open access under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License via link.springer.com.
Protozoan Intestinal tract infection Anti-cryptosporidial drugs Genotyping Oocysts CRISPR/Cas9 Host-parasite interactions
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9748-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Humana, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9747-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9748-0
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site