About this book
This second edition volume expands on the previous edition with new insights into the molecular mechanisms involved in allergy through the use of various protocols that cover disciplines like allergy, immunology, cell biology, and histology. The chapters in this book cover topics such as characterization of allergens using western blotting and mass spectrometry, collecting and sampling airborne allergens, IgG antibodies, identification and characterization of allergen specific T cells, and the role of antigen presenting cells in T cell proliferation. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and thorough, Allergy: Methods and Protocols, Second Edition is a valuable resource for researchers interested in beginning or continuing their research in the study of allergies.
antigen chemokine T cell cell biology cytokine immunology immunotherapy
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9591-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9589-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9591-2
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site