About this book
This book provides methods and clear protocols for the various technologies available to detect, characterize, and study Citrus tristeza virus (CTV), a member of the genus Closterovirus, family Closteroviridae. Thanks to the highly sensitive and specific diagnostic procedures developed, knowledge of the molecular characteristics, expression strategies, genetic variability, and epidemiology of the virus has improved significantly, as this volume reflects. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Citrus Tristeza Virus: Methods and Protocols serves as an ideal guide for plant pathologists, plant virologists, molecular biologists, and graduate students interested in performing qualitative and quantitative tests as well as recently-developed diagnostic methods in order to find solutions to improve the management of this disease.
CTV Plant virologists Deep sequencing Closterovirus Closteroviridae RT-PCR Plant pathologists
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9558-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9557-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9558-5
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site