About this book
This book explores techniques for exploring hydrogen sulfide (H2S) and its effects on the vascular system through numerous experimental animal models and vascular preparations. Alterations of vascular H2S generation/signaling may be involved in the pathogenesis of systemic and pulmonary arterial hypertension, ischemic heart disease, ischemic stroke, preeclampsia, and erectile dysfunction, and H2S also serves as an attractive target for pharmacotherapy of cardiovascular diseases, as well as possible effects on cancer, wound healing, and diabetic retinopathy, among other pathologies. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Vascular Effects of Hydrogen Sulfide: Methods and Protocols is an ideal aid for scientists working to extend our knowledge in this valuable and wide-ranging field of study.
Endogenous mediator Vascular biology H2S generation Cardiovascular pharmacotherapy Vascular pathogenesis
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9528-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9527-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9528-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site