Table of contents
About this book
This book brings together recent methods and theoretical approaches developed to dissect the activity and function of bacterial and eukaryotic Structural Maintenance of Chromosome (SMC) proteins. The protocols explore numerous subjects such as depletion systems to assess SMC function, genetic manipulation of SMC proteins, chromosomal, biochemical, and microscopy-based assays of SMC activity, as well as theoretical modeling of SMC activity. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, SMC Complexes: Methods and Protocols will greatly aid researchers looking into the mechanism of action of SMC complexes on DNA.
Chapters 3, 10 and 19 are available Open Access under a CC BY 4.0 license via link.springer.com.
Chromosome organization Structural Maintenance of Chromosomes SMC proteins Bacterial models Eukaryotic models Genetic manipulation
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9520-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9519-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9520-2
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site