About this book
This detailed book addresses the continual development and application of new methods and protocols to understand the biology of the pathogen Neisseria gonorrhoeae. Beginning with gonococcus biology and antimicrobial resistance, the volume continues with areas of study such as producing major gonococcal antigens to high purity, genetic transformation of gonococci and strategies for global RNA sequencing, evaluation of potential vaccine/drug targets and the assessment of hypothetical protein function, as well as a number of methods and protocols for studying the biological interactions of the gonococcus and the host. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Comprehensive and cutting-edge, Neisseria gonorrhoeae: Methods and Protocols provides researchers with a foundation for progress toward the eventual control of this disease and a significant reduction in global case numbers of gonorrhea.
Host-pathogen interactions Antimicrobial resistance Gonococci Drug targets Cell culture models Vaccine development
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9496-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9495-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9496-0
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site