About this book
The volume explores methods for isolation and characterization of lipids, and their production using various oleaginous organisms. The protocols presented in the book consider sugars derived from different substrates including chemically pre-treated agricultural residues, industrial residues containing lignin, food wastes, and industrial waste water in an approachable format. The book also discusses applications that use oleaginous organisms to transform substrates into a variety of products including bio-crude, high value fatty acids, biofuels such as biodiesel, neutral lipids, volatile fatty acids, and surfactants. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Comprehensive and cutting-edge, Microbial Lipid Production: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource aimed at novice researchers who are working on improving their knowledge and skills in this developing field.
bio-crude metabolic pathway oleaginous substrates lipid conversion
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9484-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9483-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9484-7
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site