About this book
This fully revised edition explores the management of neurological disorders with a focus on neuroprotection, disease modification, and neuroregeneration rather than symptomatic treatment. Since the publication of the first edition, advances in biotechnology, particularly in cell and gene therapies, are reflected in this volume, as are numerous new and repurposed drugs in clinical trials. Overall, The Handbook of Neuroprotection serves as a comprehensive review of neuroprotection based on knowledge of the molecular basis of disorders of the central nervous system.
In-depth and authoritative, The Handbook of Neuroprotection, Second Edition features a compendium of vital knowledge aimed at providing researchers with an essential reference for this key neurological area of study.
Neurological disorders Central nervous system injury Neuroprotective drugs Drug development Traumatic brain injury Biotechnology Neuropharmacology Neurodegeneration
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9465-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9464-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9465-6
- Series Print ISSN 1949-2448
- Series Online ISSN 1949-2456
- Buy this book on publisher's site