About this book
This book describes the current techniques used to study functional disulphides and to exploit them for therapeutic outcomes. Beginning with how disulphide bonds are classified and how to study their evolution, the volume then continues with protein chemical, molecular dynamics, and force spectroscopy techniques used to identify functional disulphides and/or study their behavior, then focuses on techniques employed in the study of the factors that cleave and/or form disulphide bonds. Methods to study how particular functional disulphides are assayed in mouse and human tissues are likewise examined, amongst many other subjects. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Functional Disulphide Bonds: Methods and Protocols serves as a vital guide to this evolving area of study.
Polypeptide chains Post-translational modification Protein function Cysteine thiols Covalent drugs
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9187-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9186-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9187-7
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site